Answered: your most burning questions about Lead Generation
As a small business consultant, I am constantly advising entrepreneurs and small business owners on how to increase lead generation and close more sales. I can always get a substantial increase in sales by simply addressing the sales process and implementing better follow up. For the sake of this read, let’s focus on how to create a more reliable lead generation system.
Real Secret to Lead Generation
Lead generation starts with a strategy 1st approach. This has three basic elements.
- Ideal client persona – Who are they and how do you recognize who is an ideal client for your small business.
- Identifying and developing your core message. We use a tool to help my clients develop this. We have named it the pain/gain value proposition.
- Once you know who your ideal client is, now you can figure out WHERE to find your ideal client.
If you need additional help, schedule a strategy session with me. The 1st session, which will be about 10 minutes is complimentary.
Assuming you have a strategy worked out let’s move on the Carl’s Way Works prospecting system. As a small business coach and marketing consultant, my job is to help you get on track and stay on track. The best way to accomplish this is by helping you develop good sales and marketing systems. Let us look at some easy ways to create some wins.
4 Ways to JumpStart or Restart Lead Generation Fast and Cheap
- Get out and network. People must know who you are if they are going to find you. This is all about your message. Strategy 1st, remember. Too many think networking is telling people, “I am a painter, I do HVAC, or I am a financial advisor”. People do not buy what you do. They buy what they get from working with you. That is why we take a Strategy 1st
- Develop a strategic partner plan. For example, I like working with accountants. I can show you how to increase your revenue substantially. For me, CPA’s are a good example of prospects for me. Think about your ideal client for a moment, and ask yourself, “What other services could they use that would be complementary with what they are doing now?” Then make a list of people you know and get on the horn with them or get out and start exploring.
- Speak for leads– This does not work for everyone but if you are in a service business, this is one of the best ways to create, know, like, and trust prospective customers. If speaking is new to you, consider finding a local chapter of the Toast Masters group. This is a super non-profit group dedicated to helping people get over their discomfort with public peaking and honing their speaking skills. https://www.toastmasters.org/find-a-club Some great places to seek speaking opportunities are with event coordinators, an area chamber of commerce, and trade associations. If you google these types a website you can learn about the upcoming events, most of which are online right now due to COVID 19.
4. Create a referral engine –
John Jantsch wrote a great book on this called. The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself. Available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Referral-Engine-Teaching-Business-Market/dp/1591844428
Every small business owner and entrepreneur knows that the key to generating referrals is leveraging a positive customer experience. When someone has a great interaction with you or your brand, they are more likely to recommend you to their friends or colleagues.
One recommendation can mean a lot to your business, but what if you could turn that happy customer into a referral champion: someone who refers to your business again and again?
It is possible to foster relationships with clients so that they become referral champions.
The Goal – Focus on meetings – Appointments
The whole idea behind lead generation efforts is to get meetings with potential customers. Using the sales techniques and marketing strategies designed specifically for you, the small business owner or entrepreneur, will help you implement these tactics to drive more meetings.
Think of networking, strategic partner programs, speaking, and referrals as a channel to create the know, like, and trust that will drive leads into your business.
If you find value in this article why sign up and continue your education with our monthly sales and marketing tactics. Or share it with someone you know.
Want to know what you can do to supersize your marketing efforts. Schedule your free assessment